Research Impact is the demonstrable contribution that excellent research makes to society beyond academia.
Current funding calls available for impact
Administered by RBDC
Public Engagement related activities (full lists are available on the RBDC webpages): https://www.researchprofessional.com/funding/search/43281590
Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) opportunities: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/researchfundingsupport/newsandevents/globalchallengesresearchfund/
Administered by the Research Policy Office
- The University of St Andrews KE & Impact Fund 2017-18
- EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) 2017-2020
- Scottish Funding Council (SFC) Global Challenges (GCRF) FY 2017-18
The Health Foundation has developed an online communications toolkit to help health and healthcare researchers (though most of it is relevant to any researcher) increase the influence and impact of their work.
- Section 1: Planning for impact will help you plan your communications activity and focus your communications on where they can make the most impact.
- Section 2: Communicating your research results will help you adapt and present your findings in order to engage different audiences.
- Section 3: Extending influence and widening impact will help you understand how to engage three of the key audiences for research dissemination and achieve impact on policy and practice.
- Section 4: Glossary of terms provides an explanation of the terms used in this toolkit.
The Celebrating Impact Prize, now in its sixth year, is an annual opportunity to recognise and reward ESRC-funded researchers and ESRC associates. It celebrates outstanding ESRC research and success in interdisciplinary, collaborative working, partnerships, engagement and knowledge exchange activities that have led to significant impact.
Applications are now open until 16:00 on 23 November 2017.
Find out about research videos and some of the research recently undertaken by academic staff in this series of short videos. You can also view several business engagement and company formation videos which represent projects that were supported by our 2013-2015 EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account.
Research Impact@St Andrews showcases a range of impact enabled by research at the University of St Andrews in areas such as: