The STFC Knowledge Exchange Institutional Award (KEIA) has been developed to provide flexible funding directly to the research organisation’s Knowledge Exchange (KE) / Technology Transfer (TT) Office (or equivalent) to support academics to take their STFC-funded ideas towards commercialisation through activities not currently supported by an STFC funding programme.
The STFC KEIA can be used to:
- Support the commercialisation of STFC-funded research outputs, e.g. hold an internal competition for funding small proof of concept studies.
- Supporting the training of STFC-funded academics in knowledge exchange and commercialisation, e.g. holding entrepreneurial training.
- Support the assessment for commercial potential of STFC-funded research outputs, e.g. carry out market surveys for new technologies.
- Support the engagement of STFC-funded academics with relevant users of their research, e.g. hold showcase events to introduce businesses to applied research in STFC-funded academic groups or support short secondments to / from business.
- Support Public Engagement of STFC Knowledge Exchange projects and capabilities, e.g. Hold events to promote such activities to a wider audience to engage and educate.
The above activities are suggestions and we very much welcome alternative projects. Applicants should consider what activities would be most appropriate for their own STFC-funded community. Any requests for the award funds to be used to employ external parties should be fully justified.
STFC KEIA can NOT be used to:
- Pay for patent costs
- Support training or activities aimed at undergraduates
- Cover tuition or bench fees for PhD students
- Support activities based on outputs of research funded solely by organisations other than STFC
Please contact the Research Impact team if you would like to discuss this fund: [email protected]