STFC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA) 2021-22
The University of St Andrews has an Impact Acceleration Account from STFC, which is intended to promote and increase the impact of the institution’s STFC funded research. We have been awarded IAA funding of £50,000 for the period 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021.
The STFC Impact Acceleration Account is intended to:
- Strengthen user engagement;
- Strengthen the exchange of knowledge through culture and capability development;
- Support knowledge exchange and commercialisation at early stages of progressing research outputs and outcomes to the point when they would be supported by other funding;
- Support new, innovative, and imaginative approaches to KE and Impact; and
- Support activities that enable impact to be achieved in an effective and timely manner, including secondments and people exchange
Application process and funding available:
We have recently been awarded a one-year extension of £50,000.00 to the STFC Impact Acceleration Account fund to 31st March 2022.
For this open call, applicants must apply using the STFC IAA 2021-2022 link: https://standrews.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dmY98R94MxbqQiq. A word version of the form can also be supplied.
Applications can be up to the value of £25,000.
Please note that a FAS costing is required as part of the online application if there is a salary component.
All applications must be discussed and have the support of the Director of Impact and/or Director of Research prior to submission; a statement of School/Department support, preferably from the Director of Impact, is required with the application.
Projects can start June 2021, but all spend on the grants must be completed by 31st March 2022 with no option of extension.
The deadline for applications is noon, 18th May 2021.
- Please contact FAS for costings related to your application.
- Please email email@example.com well in advance of the deadline, if you have any enquiries about your proposal.
Conditions of funding:
Applications are invited for research where the lead applicant(s) is/are from a research group previously or currently funded by the STFC core Science Programme (nuclear physics, particle physics & particle astrophysics, astronomy & space science, and accelerators & computing in support of these; or where proposals are clearly based on the application of innovative science, technology and expertise developed through the STFC Core Science Programme, or the STFC national facilities and laboratories).
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any enquiries.
All STFC IAA funded researchers will be expected to:
- Maintain a record in Pure, keeping any evidence of impact as it occurs during and after the project ends. For all successful applicants, the Research Impact Team will start a new Impact Record, or add to an existing record in Pure, using information provided at the application stage.
- Contribute to annual events such as IAA Showcase days, e.g. provide a poster, demo or short presentation, as .
- Report on progress with their project, usually half way through and at the end of the project. Outcomes from IAA funding must be available for our institutional level annual reporting to STFC.
- Ensure that the IAA funding is spent within the time limit. All spend on the total IAA grant allocated to the university must be completed by 31st March 2022, with no option of extension. Individuals should keep track of spend on grant and ensure that they keep to their own project deadlines.